Chicken Parm Casserole


Ever just throw something together and it turns out really good and then you can't remember how you made it?  Well I had this leftover chicken......



I'm not kidding I made the best casserole and thankfully I remember what I put in it! I am guessing at the amounts but I think I've got it pretty close.


I had some left over roast chicken I wanted to use (turkey would work well too). I also had a partial bag of noodles I wanted to use up. So I started looking to see what I had to make a casserole without having to go to the grocery store. In the freezer I had some red and yellow bell peppers from my summer garden, I also had a bag of shredded mozzarella cheese I had purchased by mistake. Humm, things were shaping up.

I cut up the chicken and cooked the noodles (just till al dente), stirred in the soups (undiluted), then added everything else except the breadcrumbs and some of the cheese. Once I had combined all that I poured into a 9 X 13" casserole dish and put more mozzarella cheese on top and then topped with the breadcrumbs. Covered it with foil and baked at 350 for an hour. It smelled really good while cooking.


Cubed chicken, about 3 cups
About 12 oz wide egg noodles
1 can Cream of Celery Soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 small onion
About 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup of this saved for the top)
1/2 red and 1/2 yellow bell peppers (or whatever you have)
Salt and pepper to taste
About 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
About 1/2 cup Dry Italian Bread Crumbs

I also considered adding some frozen green peas but decided to serve them on the side. This is one of those dishes you can really play around with. I think mushrooms would be good in it too. Anyway if you still have some left over turkey in the freezer you may want to give it a try.