Result? It worked like a dream! The corn came out perfect and the husks and silk strings slid right off! Just make sure you cut the bottom of the corn off high enough so it cuts off a little of the corn, that way your sure to get where the husk is attached. I had to loosen the husks just a little around the bottom after cooling and then pulled a little to get the corn to slide out. This was so easy!
Here are Heili's directions:
How to Cook Corn Perfectly
Don't ya'll hate peeling the husks off and all those silky strings? Well, no more!
1. Remove a few of the outer husks that might be dirty.
2. Cut the bottoms off of the corn. Be sure to cut above the part of the cob where the husk is attached. It would be above the part of the cob where it starts to round down.
3. Place a moist paper towel on the bottom of the microwave or on top of the carousel and place the corn on the paper towel.
4. Use this guide for your cook time. Remember the cooking time can vary for each microwave.
1 ear - 2 minutes
2 ears - 3 to 4 minutes
3 ears - 5 to 6 minutes
4 ears - 7 to 8 minutes
6 ears - 8 to 9 minutes
5. After cooking, let the corn sit about 3 minutes. It will continue to cook and will be cooler and easier to handle.
6. Pick the cooked corn up by the top (you might want to use an oven mitt if it is too hot to handle) and squeeze and lightly shake out the ear of corn. It should just slide out leaving the silk and all of the husks intact.