DIY Glycerin Soap with Banana, Oatmeal, Honey, & Frankincense


After making my first batch of glycerin soap I was simply in love! My skin felt so soft and silky after using it and I actually knew what was in it! I had given a few bars away and the receivers were already asking for more.  ♥



I had just a little of the clear glycerin soap base and some white glycerin base that I wanted to use up so I decided to experiment.  I knew I wanted to add oatmeal as an exfoliate and I had thought some fresh banana would be awesome, and I wanted to add some frankincense. At the last minute I also decided to add some wonderful local honey I had.

To see my first general tutorial and a list of other great things to add see here.

Skin benefits of my ingredients

Banana. Banana is a great natural moisturizer for your skin. The Vitamin A present in banana restores the lost moisture and repairs the damaged, dull and dry skin. To instantly moisturize dry and dull skin, mash a ripe banana and apply it on your face. Avoid contact with eyes. Leave it on your skin for 20-25 minutes and then wash it away with lukewarm water. You will instantly feel skin looking soft and supple.

Honey. Honey is nature’s best moisturizer and we all know that to keep wrinkles at bay, Our skin needs to be properly moisturized at all times. Apply honey on your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes to hydrate your skin and get rid of fine lines. This is one of the best anti aging medicines you can ever use.


Frankincense.  Anti-inflammatory, regenerative, tones & tightens, astringent, anti-cancer, anti-tumor. 


Here is what you need... Please click here to see post with options and recommendations for molds, color, scents, and other possible additions.

  • Soap base of your choice. I used clear glycerin and white glycerin.
  • Mold.
  • Honey, about 1 tsp per cup of soap base.
  • Banana, very well smashed about 1 tsp per cup of base
  • Oatmeal. Depends on how much scrub action you want. Start with 1 tsp per cup of base.
  • Frankincense. Pure therapeutic essential oil. Not one meant just for scents 
  • Optional. Small spray bottle or spritzer with rubbing alcohol.
  • Optional color or scents.


Here is what I did....

Gather what I need... Soap base, mold, a spritzer of rubbing alcohol, banana, Frankincense essential oil, honey, and oatmeal.


I only had a little of both clear and white so I melted them separately. Place cut up pieces of soap base in a microwave safe dish and heat for 30 seconds on high. Stir and continue heating for 10 second intervals until completely melted. Do not let it come to a boil!



Let cool as much as possible while still being liquid enough to pour and add additional ingredients.


Pour into your mold, sprtiz with the alcohol to remove bubbles (optional) and let sit until hardened. Mine took about 40 minutes. Unmold and enjoy!









1 comment:

  1. i love to use ayurvedic and herbal soap,am daily using the glycerin bar. but its look little cool using the combination of banana oatmeal honey soap.for more visit: online ayurvedic product

    ReplyDelete