Healthy Easy Quinoa Breakfast / Snack Bars


Eating a healthy breakfast can be so hard. The secret for me is having something ready ahead of time. I need something I can just grab and eat. These breakfast / snack bars are sooo good and easy to make. The ingredient list is a bit long for me but they are simple to make, just one bowl and one pan. I adapted this recipe from this one at theleangreanbean.com.


You can change it a bit by using smashed bananas instead of applesauce, or using another dried fruit instead of raisins (Craisins would be great). And you can use different types of chopped nuts, I used sunflower kernels today. You can also substitute honey for the brown rice syrup but I find the syrup holds bars together better and I like the taste.  You could also add coconut if you want and I chose not to use the chocolate. So, as you can see, there are lots of variations.


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup whole wheat flour (or chickpea flour to make GF)
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
  • 2 cups oats
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
  • 2/3 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup organic brown rice syrup (or honey)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup applesauce (or mashed banana)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/3 cup raisins
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)


Instructions:

  • Preheat oven to 375ยบ and grease a 9 X 13 pan
  • Mix cooked quinoa, applesauce, vanilla, eggs, peanut butter, red rice syrup. 
  • Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
  • Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown
  • Cut into squares or bars and store in the refrigerator.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment