Apple Pecan Dump Cake



Its a lazy cool afternoon here. My hubby is home as his workplace is closed today for the holiday.  So I was thinking I wanted to bake something warm and sweet. Something with....hum....apples! 

The fall weather just seemed to beg for some sort of apple dessert. Apple pie maybe? Apple crisp? No, Apple Pecan Dump Cake!  Just down my alley today. Its warm, gooey, appley, and best of all, easy. 


I found this recipe some time back on thefrugalgirls.com and had been wanting to make it anyway.



Apple Pecan Dump Cake
Butter Pecan Cake Mix
2 - 21oz. cans Apple Pie Filling (or 5 cups homemade)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) margarine or butter





So here it is. First assemble your ingredients.



Pour Apple Pie filling into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.


In a small bowl, mix cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.


Sprinkle seasonings over the apple pie filling. I used my fingers for this to get more even coverage.


Spread dry cake mix over the spices.


Cut the butter into slices and place on top the cake mix. Try to cover as much of the cake as you can.


Sprinkle the pecans on top and place in 350 degree oven

Bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until the top is a nice golden brown and the sides are bubbling.

Told you it was easy.
Now I wish I had some vanilla ice cream...






Would LOVE to hear from you. Please leave your comments. ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment