Pineapple Angel Food Cake


I really like simple recipes.  I also really like recipes that don't require a lot of work or clean up. But of course the end result has to be good too!


I found this recipe posted on several pages. I love to give credit to original posters but there were just  too many to really give credit to any one of them. The only real difference I found in them was that some preferred to bake this in a bunt pan and some in a 13 X 9 inch pan. And some liked to add whipped topping before serving.

Right down my alley, this cake has two ingredients, requires no measuring, and only uses one bowl to mix in and one pan to bake it in.

So simple I had to give it a try, right?  It turned out really good! I think next time I'll bake it in the bunt pan and serve whipped topping on the side. 

Here's what I did...


Just two ingredients!


Mix gently with a large spoon. No mixer! See how frothy it got?


Pour into greased pan.


Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Let cool and cut into squares. Top with whipped topping if desired.

Enjoy!





Ingredients:
  • 1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
  • 20 oz can crushed pineapple

Instructions:
  • Combine cake mix and pineapple in large bowl and stir gently till mixed. Do not use a beater and do not over mix.  The mixture will become foamy and bubbly.
  • Pour into a 9 X 13 inch greased pan or greased bunt pan (I used butter). Cooking spray can also be used.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 - 35 minutes.
  • Let cool in the pan.
  • Cut into squares and top with whipped topping if desired.

Serves 12
166 calories per serving (without whipped topping)