Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll-Ups




I saw these fabulous roll-ups by Incredible Recipes on Facebook recently. They looked so good I had to give them a try.



So this morning I made them. They were a bit more work than I usually spend on something like this but boy are they good!

The instructions are fairly simple but it does take a little time to make and requires several bowls to clean up. But I do think they would be a hit with your whole family, even the picky ones. I think my step-daughter would love them and intend to make them again next time she visits. :)

So here is what you do...


Assemble your ingredients. As you can see I am a big fan of most store band products.


Mix softened cream cheese with egg yolk and powdered sugar. Mix well.

Melt the butter and set aside.

Mix the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.


Trim crusts from bread and flatten with rolling pin.

Coat both sides of each bread slice with the cream cheese mixture and roll up.  I didn't get any pictures of this part as my hands got real messy, real quick.

Dip each roll in the melted butter and roll in the cinnamon sugar.

Place on ungreased cookie sheets.


Okay, hands washed so back to pictures. Here they are ready for the oven.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a bit brown.

Enjoy!





Ingredients
  • 1 loaf sliced bread, crusts removed
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup melted butter
I halved this recipe. The egg yolk was even easy to half once it was stirred a little. I used 10 slices of bread, 4 oz cream cheese, 1/2 egg yolk, 6 Tablespoons powdered sugar, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 6 Tablespoons butter. 

Instructions:
  • Flatten bread with a rolling pin.
  • Mix cream cheese, egg yolk, and powdered sugar.
  • Combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
  • Spread 1 T cheese mixture on each slice bread.
  • Roll up.
  • Dip in melted butter, then in cinnamon sugar.
  • Place on ungreased baking sheet.
  • Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, or until golden.
This picture by Incredible Recipes