Apple Pie Bites



Here is another amazing easy to do recipe that I first saw on Facebook. I Googled it and found many web sites with this recipe with little variation. So I'm figuring they must be popular which means they must be good! My husband's favorite pie is apple but making a whole apple pie for just the two of us just seems absurd so I decided to give this a try.

Result? They were really good! Be careful to not use apple slices that are too thick as they may not cook completely. I'm also thinking that brushing with melted butter before sprinkling with cinnamon sugar and baking would be an improvement, but not a necessity. I think we have a winner!



Here is how I did it!


Assemble ingredients. Some recipes called for white sugar and some used a cinnamon sugar premix. I decided to go with the brown sugar and cinnamon.


Mix sugar and cinnamon together. Roll the crescent rolls out on a baking sheet and coat with butter then with the sugar mixture. Save a little of the sugar mixture to sprinkle on top later.

Cut your apple into wedges. If the apple is very large you may need to cut into 12 wedges instead of 8. That is what I did and just ate the remaining wedges. BTW, no peeling needed!


Roll an apple slice up in each roll and sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar. Place in preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 15 - 20 minutes.





Serve and Enjoy! These would be great with vanilla ice cream.


Ingredients
  • 1 Apple Sliced (a tart variety works best)
  • 3 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
  • 2 Tablespoons Softend Butter
  • 1 Package Crescent Rolls
Instructions
  • Mix together sugar and cinnamon
  • Roll crescent rolls out on baking sheet
  • Spread with butter
  • Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
  • Core and cut apple into wedges
  • Roll one apple wedge up with crescent roll
  • Sprinkle more cinnamon sugar on top
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes