Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Treats



I am always on the lookout for healthy dog treats that are also easy to make and that my dogs will love. I found this one on allrecipes.com and only made a few modifications. This one does have whole wheat flour but for my dogs that's okay in moderation. I just try to stay away from white flour. Remember however that these are treats....not meals! lol



You may also like to look at my Oatmeal Pumpkin (Wheat-Free) Dog Treats here.... 
Or look at the benefits of pumpkin for your dog here...

I decided to add 1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats (oatmeal) at the last minute because one of my dogs does better with added fiber in their diets. If your dog has issues with anal glads then you may want to consider this as well. I also increased the amount of pumpkin and eliminated the water for the same reason.
I am so disappointed in our choices for ready made dog treats. Ever look at the ingredients? Then figure out the price you are paying per pound! Is it really worth it for the convenience?  Well maybe sometimes, but I prefer homemade when I can.

You may want to use some cute cookie cutters like these.

Hope your doggies enjoy these as much as mine do. I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.


Assemble your ingredients. Don't forget the rolled oats if you decide to add them.


Mix it all up. I found I had to use my hands towards the end.


Form into a ball and roll out to 1/2" thickness.


Use your favorite cookie cutters or cut into squares.


Gather up the leftover pieces and roll back out for more cookies.


Bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes.





Ingredients

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats (optional)
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin (Not pumpkin pie mix)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix all ingredients together in large bowl and form into a ball.
Roll out to about 1/2" thickness
Cut with cookie cutters or cut into squares
Bake at 350 degrees 40 minutes for medium size cookies or 35 minutes for small cookies.

Makes about 26 cookies.

Easy Print Here


No comments:

Post a Comment