Five Ways to Dress Up a Faux Pumpkin



I love to decorate for fall. Not really Halloween decorations but Fall decorations, like pumpkins!



If you check out your local Kmart or Walmart around the end of October you are likely to find some great deals on ready to go decorations. I remember when the holiday decorations at most big box stores looked really gaudy, you could get by with a piece or two to fill in with but you didn't really want a whole lot of it. Now they seem to be paying more attention to what we want and have more things that really look rather nice.

One thing on my list to look for this year are faux pumpkins. There are so many cute things you can do with them. I have picked a few of my favorites to share with you and the websites where I found them. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

Picture from Domestically Speaking









1.  Painted Pumpkin with Twine from Domestically Speaking. These are soooo darn cute! Just paint with acrylic paint and use hot glue gun to apply twine.










Picture by Home Stories At Oz



2.  Chevron, Plaid, and Argyle Painted Pumpkins from Home Stories At Oz. I found a great tutorial here to paint all these delightful pumpkin designs. Love the Argyle! All you need are the pumpkins, acrylic paints, painters tape, scissors, and measuring tape.





Picture by Boxy Colonial
3. Use Sharpie oil base paint pens for these unique looks by Boxy Colonial. A black one for writing right on the pumpkin. The author used a real pumpkin which can be bumpy and difficult to write on, but a faux pumpkin would be smoother and much easier. A gold Sharpie was used to paint the vertical stripes and a black one for the web and spider design.





Picture by Martys Musings


4. These pumpkins by Martys Musings use Ultra Pure White Behr Premium Plus Ultra paint and primer in one and strips of ribbon to create a variety of designs that are sure to be the center of attention. I simply love these!





Picture by Country Living






5.  Decoupage your pumpkins with this tutorial from Country Living. This one may be a bit more work unless you are already familiar with decoupage techniques but I think the results would really be worth the effort. The possibilities are endless....












So these are my favorites but there are lots of other ideas out there, just look at Pinterest!








2 comments: