Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe


I haven't announced it on the blog (until now) but I am having hip replacement surgery soon. Anyhow, in the meantime I'm a bit grounded. Walking or being on my feet for a long time is unpleasant to say the least so I have been filling my time with chores I can do sitting down. I can cook however, as long as its sometime simple....like this great tasting quick bread. Its good comfort food too. lol

I mean really, who doesn't love fresh baked banana bread? Want to know how to make it even better? Add chocolate. Yep, chocolate, oh and sour cream. Yum!



I found this recipe at thirtyhandmadedays. I had some overripe bananas, perfect for banana bread, and decided to give it a try. I did run into one slight delay...my baking soda was no longer good for baking so I had to go get more.

Want to know how to test baking soda? Just measure 1/2 cup hot tap water and add 1/4 teaspoon vinegar. Then add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda and it should fizz immediately. If it doesn't then don't use it for baking. It's still good for cleaning or deodorizing but it won't give you the rising action you need for your baked goods.

You can test baking powder almost the same way, just leave out the vinegar. Good to know right?

Back to the banana bread. I love that this is a simple recipe, easy to follow, and sure to please. Here is what I did.

First gather the ingredients

I know these bananas look too ripe to use but trust me, they're perfect!
Beat together sugar and butter


Add eggs, bananas, sour cream, and vanilla and blend well


Stir in dry ingredients.


Pour into prepared pan


Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes. Let cool and serve.




Ingredients:
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup rip banana
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 - 1 cup chocolate chips ( I used 3/4 cup)

Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • Spray loaf pan with baking spray or grease well with butter.
  • Beat together sugar and melted butter
  • Add eggs, bananas, sour cream, and vanilla and blend well;
  • Add flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips and pour into prepared pan
  • Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.

Hope you enjoy! As always I appreciate your questions, suggestions, or comments.








No comments:

Post a Comment