3-Ingredient Peanut Butter & Pumpkin Homemade Dog Treats


If you read my blog posts about dog treats then you know how I feel about most commercial ones. I hate them. I think they are unhealthy, expensive, and sometimes dangerous. That said, I know how much most of us love to give our dogs occasional treats and also how much we don't want to make them from scratch.

Well, this may be your answer. Three ingredients, one bowl, and lined cookie sheets that don't have to be washed. Interested yet?

ready for the oven

I do want to say one thing about choosing peanut butter for this treat. Please only use smooth peanut butter and please make sure it does not contain the artificial sweetener Xylitol which can be life-threatening to your pet.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup Smooth Peanut Butter (no Xylitol)
  • 1 cup canned Pumpkin Puree (not pie filling)
  • 1 3/4 cups Whole Grain Brown Rice Flour, White Rice Flour, or Whole Wheat Flour.

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350° F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
  2. Stir peanut butter and pumpkin together in a large bowl, Add the flour, about 1/4 cup at a time, just until the dough is no longer sticky.
  3. Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper to about 1/4" thick and either cut into squares or cut with cookie cutters. Place on prepared cookie sheets.
  4. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes and let cool completely. Store in refrigerator or freeze in an airtight container.


This recipe was inspired by this one.

4 comments:

  1. Hope your babies enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

  2. It’s amazing in support of me to truly have a web site that is valuable meant for my knowledge. wood tools


    ReplyDelete
  3. "I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog have nice information, I got good ideas from this amazing blog. I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again.archery360 ideal camper
    "

    ReplyDelete