EASY way to clean stove burners with ammonia




The one chore I used to hate worse than cleaning windows was cleaning the stove's burner grates. I would get out the steel wool, put on gloves, and after applying lots of elbow grease they would be clean. But not now! I saw this trick on Pinterest.com and decided to try it. See the results for yourself.






These were the "before" pictures. Quite a mess.




So here is what I did....I put the burner in a zip lock bag with 1/4 cup ammonia and left it overnight. The ammonia does not have to cover the grate, the fumes do the work! Next day just open the bag and rinse the grates. I did use a dishcloth to get some of the really bad stuff off but it just took some gentle rubbing. Even the bottoms were clean.



Here are the results!  Very nice.
 
 




1 comment: