13 Wonderful Ways to Use Epsom Salts

I have some Epsom Salts, a very old carton I think...not sure how much is in it though. Does that sound like you? Or do you perhaps know for sure that you indeed have no Epsom Salts?  Well that may change after you read this!

13 Wonderful Ways to Use Epsom Salts

I have osteoarthritis, that's the most common type and comes with age. Mostly it affects me in my hands and feet but I also have quite a bit in my knees.  I started a Zumba class that I love but my knees have been giving me a fit. Not so painful that I can't walk but painful enough that kneeling or going down steps is a problem.

So I started looking for natural ways to help with the swelling and pain. I know there is no cure for osteoarthritis but certainly I can do something to make life a bit easier.

I found suggestions that I'm sure will help like exercising and keeping weight under control. But I also found reminders of an old friend, Epsom Salts.  Epson Salts was kept by most families when I was growing up and used in a warm water bath for tired and worn muscles and general body aches and pains.

Then I found this article from care2.com. It not only recommends Epsom Salts for arthritis but it explains why. (I love knowing why, don't you?) And then it goes on to name many other uses including Splinter remover, skin exfoliator, and hair volumizer. Who knew? I didn't that's who.

Read more....

Think I'm going to go find that old box and take a nice warm detox bath!  Please leave your comments, I would love to hear from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment