No Bake Mud Cookies



Its a rainy day here this Labor Day and I was in the mood to cook something sweet and chocolaty. But I didn't have the ingredients on hand for some of the recipes I thought of and I really didn't want to go to too much work....☺

Then I remembered these no bake cookies. They have lots of names including Tennessee Mud Cookies, No Bake Mud Cookies, and No Bake Oatmeal Cookies. There are only a few basic ingredients and they are very quick and easy to make. Plus, my husband LOVES them. ♥♥

If you have never made these you are in for a treat. Easy to make, easy to clean up, and a sure hit with everyone.

I don't remember how I got this reciepe or how long I have had it but here goes...


Assemble your ingredients. The picture is only showing 1 cup sugar, you will need 2 cups.


Combine sugar, milk, cocoa, and butter in a saucepan.

 
Bring to a boil, stir often. Boil for 1 1/2 minutes.

Add Peanut Butter and Vanilla and mix well.

Stir in Oatmeal until cooled.

Drop spoonfuls onto waxed paper or greased cookie pans

Let cool and transfer to serving plate



Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons Cocoa
  • 2 1/4 cups Oatmeal (Dry Old Fashioned Oats, not instant)
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 stick butter or margarine
  • 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
Instructions:
Combine sugar, milk, cocoa, and butter in saucepan. Bring to boil and boil 1 1/2 minutes. Add Peanut Butter and Vanilla. Mix well. Stir in oatmeal and stir until cooled. Drop onto wax paper or lightly greased cookie sheets.

Let me know what you think! I would love to hear from you.



1 comment: