How I Stop Canine Seizures with Essential Oils


My little Italian Greyhound, Sadie, is epileptic. Fortunately her seizures have never been severe enough for her to need medication. Still, it's heartbreaking to watch her go though one.

I read on Camp Wander that Caesar Millan uses essential oils for canine care (not cats!) and that one of her friends had used Frankincense and Lemongrass to control canine seizures. I had both of these essential oils so I put them both where I could quickly get to them and waited.

In just a few days my Sadie began seizing. I got the oils and rubbed a little of each into the pads on the bottoms of all four feet. The seizure stopped almost immediately. Okay, I thought, it could have just been a short episode and not the EOs. Each time she had a seizure I would apply the oils, and each time it would stop. One night I applied them as one was just starting and she never even went into a full seizure and was back to her old self in no time. There was now no doubt in my mind.

I was more than impressed and began keeping a dropper bottle with a combination of the two essential oils close by. But I found it hard to apply them when she was seizing. Because of her erratic movements I was never really sure how much I was applying and would sometimes spill some of the contents. Once after applying the oils one of her feet became very irritated and she kept licking and chewing on it. I was afraid that I have overdone the oils and applied some coconut oil to the area. That worked and the irritation vanished.

But I was now concerned about the same thing happening again so I came up with this option. I decided to mix Frankincense and Lemongrass in a small amount of coconut oil to give me better control. I figured I could easily spread 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil into all four foot pads and I knew I needed to use 2 drops of each oil for each application. So I mixed 24 drops of each essential oil into a tablespoon of warm coconut oil in a small glass jar.

The mixture worked great giving me better control over how much I was using. Now I can really do something to help her. I would usually hold her and stroke her, just wanting to do something to make things better. But now I can actually stop the seizures, which is more than wonderful.

Now, I'm not a veterinarian, nor do I have any medical training whatsoever. I'm just sharing what is working for me and my dog. I do know that this should NOT be used with cats and I urge you to seek advice from your veterinarian about your specific pets condition.


Here is exactly what I did:
  • Place 1 tablespoon of high quality coconut oil in a heat proof glass jar. Either microwave for a few seconds or place in a small saucepan on hot water until just melted.
  • Add 24 drops each of Frankincense and Lemongrass Essential Oils.
  • Mix well and allow to cool completely.
  • For my 12 pound dog I apply 1/4 teaspoon to the pads of her feet. (I use 1/4 teaspoon total not 1 teaspoon.)
  • Store in the airtight glass jar in a cool dark place.
I really don't know how much you would use on a larger dog but you would probably want to end up with no more than 1 drop each oil on each foot pad per application.

I urge you to only use a high quality essential oil like the ones I use from Spark Naturals. They are pure, therapeutic grade, and of the highest quality but still affordable. You can get them here. And you can use my code ENJOY to receive 10% off your order. 

I always welcome your comments and questions....







AFFILIATE DISCLAIMER
As an affiliate with Spark Naturals I am able to offer you a 10% discount by using my code ENJOY on your entire order (does not apply to Oil of the Month) and I will receive a small compensation.

This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

MEDICAL DISCLAIMER
I am not a doctor and the statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult your doctor or health care practitioner before using herbs, essential oils or other natural remedies.




8 comments:

  1. Hello, I have a King Doberman with seizures that have gone from Grand Mal to Petit Mal, he has increased in frequency of Petit Mal and I am going to try using essential oils that you have suggested. Junior weighs 130lbs, do you have any thoughts on how much frankincense and lemongrass I should use. Thanks for reading this, I hope it helps him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know how much you would use on a larger dog but you would probably want to end up with no more than 1 drop each oil on each foot pad per application. Hope this helps.

      Delete
    2. How did it go? Did it work? Im looking into trying this for my Boxer. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I've heard frankincense helps, but why lemongrass? Just curious?,thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS FOR THE GREAT DEED HE HAVE DON FOR MY FAMILY.This information will be useful for Epilepsy patients who is willing to use herbal medicine. My daughter had temporal lobe epilepsy, She had seizure and had a grand mal with rage episode. Our daughter's seizure is constant throughout the day. We had used several medicine which include: Epilim and Keppra, experience seizure control at the cost of serious debilitating side effects. It was during a casual conversation with a friend that I learned about herbal Dr. William,who uses herbal medicine in curing people from epilepsy,i was so glad to contact him on his email and make an order for his medication, it does not have any side effect. I am so glad to say that she has been seizure-free since July 2015 after taking William medicine. this a miracle cure?contact him for more detail (drwilliams098675@gmail.com) thanks once again admin for such an informative blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you giving your best to improve your dog’s wellness and health but haven’t tried a holistic approach? Well then it’s about time you learn about the benefits of some natural remedies, specifically oils, your dog can consume.

    Click here to know more information Fish Oil for Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Essential oils are amazing and when applying zoopharmacgonosy princies are used, you wull be amazed at how, just with self selction and inhalation from your hands, how mych you can help ypir pets🤩😍

    ReplyDelete