Stitch Fix #1 Review


Have you gotten your fix? Your Stitch Fix that is....

Stitch Fix is a service that shops for you. I was skeptical, but after receiving just one shipment, I am very impressed. The first step was to go to their site and fill out some information. They wanted to know the basics like my sizes, but also asked questions about my style preferences. They even had pictures of several groups of clothing and asked what I thought of each group so my personal stylist could determine my likes and dislikes. Yes, I did say personal stylist, she picks out clothes for me. Wootwoot!

They do require a $20.00 payment upfront for their styling fee. But this is deducted from the total price of items you keep. Then they send five items for you to try and see if you like them. If you do then the $20.00 styling fee goes toward your purchase.

And, if you don't like something, for any reason, they make returning it very easy. In my shipment is a self-sealing, postage paid envelope. I just put anything I don't want to keep in the envelope and drop in the mail. Easy peasy. There is also a 25% discount if you keep all five items.

They also included little styling cards with each item that suggest ways to wear everything. Great for the fashioned challenged like me.

No accessory pieces were included with this shipment which was kind of a let down, but I'm sure they will send some for me to try soon.

So, for your viewing pleasure, here is what I got and my thoughts on each! Remember, these items were sent to me based on my style preferences so yours will be different. I'm curvy, a bit overweight, short, and like clothes that cover.


Here is the Avah Ikat Dolman Print Top. This is probably my favorite. Its a knit top in a blue, black, and white geo pattern and 3/4 sleeves. The front plunge was a bit low for me and showed more than I like so I may wear a cami under it. Looks great with the black leggings I also got in this shipment. Price $58.00, after discounts $39.75. Verdict: Keep





This piece is the Renoir Kimono in a black and white chevron print. I wasn't sure about this until I put it on...very cute. Here I wearing with a red top I already had and the black leggings I also got in this package. Price $44.00, after discounts was $30.15. Verdict: Keep




Now the Goldie Split Neck Blouse in Burgundy. I don't know why I couldn't get a good focus on this top, and I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures. It came with a black camisole with adjustable straps worn underneath. It is a fairly sheer fabric with a bit of gold glitter. Delightfully cute! Again, will be great with jeans or leggings. Price $44.00, after discounts $30.16. Verdict: Keep




This is the Uruguay Pintuck Detail Top. I love everything about it. I asked for lightweight clothing since it rarely gets cold where I live. This has 3/4 sleeves and a really cute print. The pintuck detail is nicely done. Wearing here with jeans. Price $48.00, after discounts $32.90. Verdict: Keep





Last is the Porter Legging. They are the leggings I wearing in almost all of the pictures above. They are a good quality, nice wide waist band and look well made. The fabric is a nice thickness, enough to...well you know...look nice and not show lots of stuff. They fit well and will look great with several of these new tops! Price $38.00, after discounts was $26.04. Verdict: Keep


SIGN UP FOR STITCH FIX

If you’re curious about Stitch Fix and want to try the service for yourself, sign up today and complete a FREE style profile. It’s free to sign up. Then, when you are ready, you can schedule your first fix. For only $20, you will be matched with a personal stylist that will select five items she thinks will be PERFECT for you and ship them directly to your door. Try everything on, keep the items you want, and return everything else. The best part is that your $20 styling fee will be deducted from the price of your clothes and if you decide to keep everything in your fix, you automatically save 25% on your entire order. I receive a small commission each time someone signs up using my referral link (which I use to offset the costs of the blog) so I would greatly appreciate it if you signed up using my link. If you have already signed up with my link, thank you!





No comments:

Post a Comment