DIY Moisturizing Leave In Hair Conditioning Spray


Ahhh, it's that time of year, magical spring and soon summer. The weather is getting warmer and we have started hauling out the shorts and bathing suits. I am so looking forward to hot summer days on the beach with my BFF. ♥



But my fragile hair can sure take a beating in salty ocean water and in heavily chlorinated swimming pools. Leave in conditioners are great for helping to keep my hair healthy and hydrated but I don't really like using most commercial products. I'm not crazy about putting unknown chemicals in my hair or using products that may not be earth friendly and they are expensive.


The answer? Make it myself! This formula from PaulaParrish is very easy, has few ingredients, and works great. It also makes my hair smell wonderful.


The main ingredient is Vegetable Glycerine. Glycerine is often used in beauty products to moisturize skin and hair. There are three types of glycerine: animal, vegetable, and synthetic. I prefer vegetable which is made from plant oils like palm, soy, or coconut. Glycerine actually draws the moisture out of the air and into the hair.


Vegetable glycerine can help your hair by:
  • Improving natural hair moisture and elasticity
  • Helps prevent hair breakage
  • Stimulates hair growth
  • Improves hair strength
  • Great conditioner for brittle, dry, or frizzy hair.

You should not use glycerine undiluted in your hair, always mix with water. One part glycerine to 4 parts water works well.

The formula:

Mix in a spray bottle and shake well before each use.

This also makes a great detangling spray. 


Paula recommends the following essentil oils for different hair types
  • Dry Hair: Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, Lavender
  • Normal Hair: Rosemary, Rose, Lavender, Geranium
  • Oily Hair: Lemon, Sage, Tea Tree, Geranium

I use Ylang Ylang and Lavender. The smell is wonderful and my hair is looking great! Always use pure high quality essential oils. There are several good ones out there, just forget about buying them in a health food store or other retail store. I prefer the oils at Spark Naturals. They provide the highest quality essential oils and accessories at resonable prices. As a SN affilate I can offer you a 10% discount on your order by using discount code ENJOY and I will receive a small reimbursement.

On to the beach! 









No comments:

Post a Comment