Easy Way to Really Clean That Greasy Stove Hood Filter


Believe me when I say that this is the easiest method I have found for cleaning those disgusting vent filters over your stove.




My vent filters are under the microwave....yuk! (My microwave is over the stove)

I saw this wonderful idea on onegoodthingbyjillee.com. It just involves 2 things...boiling water and baking soda. I had some older baking soda that wasn't useful for baking anymore and decide to try it on this.


The process is quite simple, just boil water in a large pot and very slowly add 1/2 cup baking soda. The baking soda will really fizz up after adding it and then quickly subside, so really add it slowly....only about a tablespoon at a time.


Place the filters in the pot and watch the gunk boil away!


Turn the filters over to get the other end.


Be careful as it will boil over! I had to turn the heat off completely a couple of times.


Clan you see the stuff that came off in the water?  Yuk!!!


Look how clean they are.


Close up to show you the real result.

You can put the spongy filter things in the water too!

Hope this makes your cleaning a little easier like it did mine. ♥



1 comment: