The weather is hot and humid here this week. A cool, refreshing summer dessert is definitely in order. And what fits that description better than a Creamsicle Pie? Creamsicles, that classic popsicle that brings back childhood memories of hot summer days and playing outside till parents made us come in. Ahhhh...
I found this version of this marvelous and simple pie on Spendwithpennies.com. It's very easy (which I like) and perfect for any type of summer gathering.
So let's get started. Get your ingredients together.
In a heatproof bowl (or small pot) add the boiling water to the gelatin mix.
Put 1/2 cup ice in a one cup measure and add enough water to make 1 cup, Add to mixture.
In a large bowl mix the gelatin mixture with 2/3 of the whipped topping, orange extract, and orange zest (if using),
Pour into prepared graham cracker pie crust.
Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Spread top with remaining whipped topping and garnish with mandarin orange wedges and/or grated orange rind.
- 1 Box Orange Gelatin (like Jello) 4 serving size
- 8 oz tub whipped topping (like Cool Whip) divided
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- Zest of one orange (optional)
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 graham cracker crust (ready prepared or homemade)
- Mandarin Oranges for garnish, canned or jarred. (optional)
- In a bowl, combine Gelatin with 2/3 cup boiling water. Stir until powder is completely dissolved.
- Place 1/2 cup ice into a 1 cup measuring cup and top to 1 cup with cold water. Add to the gelatin mixture and stir until ice is almost melted. Discard ice.
- In a large bowl, fold together gelatin mixture, orange extract, orange zest (if using) and 2/3 of the whipped topping (Reserve remainder for topping).
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with remaining whipped topping and garnish with mandarin oranges if desired
Would love hearing your suggestions, comments, or questions. ♥