This years strawberry crop seems to be especially sweet and tasty. Customers at local farms can pick their own or buy them all ready picked. What a treat to get fresh from the field strawberries!
And what better way to enjoy these beauties than in a Fresh Strawberry Mojito? This drink is slightly sweet and so refreshing.
- 3 large strawberries, hulled and chopped. (Very ripe works best.)
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup (or 2 teaspoons granulated sugar)
- 2 ounces white rum (about 4 tablespoons or 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 tablespoon)
- Club soda or seltzer water about 1/4 cup
- Garnish: mint leaf, half a strawberry
You will also need:
- Tall heavy bottom glass like a Collins glass, about 10 ounces.
- Cocktail Shaker (optional)
- Muddle strawberries, mint, and simple syrup (or sugar) until strawberries are broken down and mint leaves are torn apart.
- Add the rum and shake well in a cocktail shaker or stir well.
- Finish filling glass with ice and top off with club soda. Mix gently with a straw.
- Garnish with a mint leaf and half a strawberry.
For an alcohol-free beverage omit the rum and
substitute ginger ale for the club soda