Peanut Butter and Jam Muffins


Seriously? I love Peanut Butter. So when I saw this recipe I was interested.



I also like the fact that there aren't many ingredients and pretty simple to make.

So, lets get started...assemble your ingredients.



Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin pan with no stick spray or grease the cups with butter or oil. Personally I don't like using the no stick spray so I coated the inside of the cups with butter.

Stir together flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.


Add milk, eggs, sugar, peanut butter and oil to bowl. Combine ingredients on the low speed of an electric mixer, just until moistened. Do not over beat. Yep, theres my trusty 1966 Rival mixer again. It just keeps going, and going....




Fill muffin cups evenly with half of the batter. Place 2 level teaspoons jam or preserves in the center of each muffin. I used strawberry preserves and to be honest I just keep putting a bit in each muffin until I had used the whole 1/2 cup.



Evenly divide remaining batter between muffin cups and sprinkle with sugar. Oooops. I forgot to put the sugar on top! I tried to add it later just before the baking was complete but it didn't work. Oh well, next time I'll remember.


Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.





Now for the best part, lets eat! Mummm


Ingredients

  • No-Stick Cooking Spray
  • 2 cups All Purpose Flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
  • 1/2 cup Jam or Preserves
  • 1/4 cup sugar

Preparation Directions

  • HEAT oven to 375ºF. Spray muffin pan with no-stick cooking spray. Stir together flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Add milk, eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, peanut butter and oil to bowl. Combine ingredients on low speed of electric mixer, just until moistened. Do not over beat.
  • FILL prepared muffin cups evenly with half of the batter. Place 2 level teaspoons jam or preserves in the center of each muffin. Evenly divide remaining batter between muffin cups. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar. Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool in pan 5 minutes.
Make 12 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment