Robert's Potatoes




Ya'll know I like easy, and let me tell you...this is way easy! And, its way good!

This simple dish has been made regularly by my husband and has come to be known as "Robert's Potatoes". I couldn't believe how easy and good these potatoes were. And just WHY hadn't I thought to cook them like this on my own?

Ingredients:
  • Potatoes
  • Butter
  • Onion (optional)
  • salt and pepper to taste


There's no measuring here. Start with peeled potatoes cut into cubes. (Note: We have done this without peeling too).

Put the cubed potatoes into a microwave safe dish




Add a few onions if you like. These are wonderful with or without the onions.

Add salt and pepper.




Add a few pats of butter. I usually end up using 1/4 to 1/3 stick.



Put the lid on.

Place in microwave for about 2 minutes on high.  Take out and stir and return for another 4 minutes on high.  Remove, stir, and cook another 4 minutes. Repeat until potatoes are tender, remember to stir well each time. The potatoes pictured took about 12 minutes total to cook.

Told you it was easy. Avoid the temptation to add water or other liquid, you don't need it.

That's it!
There are all sorts of things you could add to this....use your imagination and let me know what you come up with. I would love to hear from you.  We have even added canned corned beef toward the end of cooking for quick Corned Beef Hash!

No comments:

Post a Comment