Easiest Cinnamon Apple & Oats Wheat Free Dog Treats

I love easy recipes but I want them to be good too. This dog treat recipe may be the easiest one I have ever made, even the clean up is easy, Now I can't tell you for sure if they're good, they sure do smell good, but I'm quite sure my two dogs would tell you they are delicious.
Are they ready yet??
I found the original recipe on TwoLittleCavaliers.com. I'm always happy to find healthy dog treats, even better when they are this easy and inexpensive. Have your ever figured out how much per pound you are actually paying for commercial dog treats? And, with all the safety concerns and recalls...too many dogs seem to be getting seriously ill from commercial dog treats for me. Actually, I think it would be cheaper and safer to just cut up some hot dogs for them if you have to.


Seriously, this recipe is so simple I didn't even take pictures while making it. I mean you literally just mix a cup of cinnamon applesauce (or regular applesauce with a sprinkle of cinnamon) with 2 cups rolled oats and then add two eggs and mix. Then spoon onto prepared baking sheets, bake, and you are done! If you line your baking pans with parchment paper you won't even have to wash the pans! Can't get much easier than that can it?

Both of my dogs are seniors and one has lost most of her teeth so she needs a treat that is soft enough for her to handle. These treats are soft, moist, and did I mention how wonderful they smell? Wanted to try them myself. lol



Ingredients:

  • 2 cups dry rolled oats (quick cook or regular)
  • 1 cup Cinnamon Applesauce or Applesauce with a dash of cinnamon added (I recommend unsweetened applesauce).
  • 2 large eggs.

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Grease 2 baking sheets with oil or butter or line with parchment paper.
  3. Stir oats and applesauce together in a bowl.
  4. Add eggs and mix again.
  5. Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheet and put in the preheated oven.
  6. Bake 20-25 minutes.
  7. Remove from cookie sheets and allow to cool thoroughly.
  8. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

As always, I welcome your thoughts! Hope your babies enjoy these as much as mine do. ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment