|Are they ready yet??|
Seriously, this recipe is so simple I didn't even take pictures while making it. I mean you literally just mix a cup of cinnamon applesauce (or regular applesauce with a sprinkle of cinnamon) with 2 cups rolled oats and then add two eggs and mix. Then spoon onto prepared baking sheets, bake, and you are done! If you line your baking pans with parchment paper you won't even have to wash the pans! Can't get much easier than that can it?
Both of my dogs are seniors and one has lost most of her teeth so she needs a treat that is soft enough for her to handle. These treats are soft, moist, and did I mention how wonderful they smell? Wanted to try them myself. lol
- 2 cups dry rolled oats (quick cook or regular)
- 1 cup Cinnamon Applesauce or Applesauce with a dash of cinnamon added (I recommend unsweetened applesauce).
- 2 large eggs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 baking sheets with oil or butter or line with parchment paper.
- Stir oats and applesauce together in a bowl.
- Add eggs and mix again.
- Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheet and put in the preheated oven.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheets and allow to cool thoroughly.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
As always, I welcome your thoughts! Hope your babies enjoy these as much as mine do. ♥