It's unusually cold here this Friday evening, and supposed to get colder. But it's still the weekend after all, and some sort of hot mixed drink would be good. Something hot and coffeeish but with a little kick. Hummm, I know just the thing.
I'm talking about a simple Hot White Russian. A hot WR is a lot like the traditional cold WR but well...its hot, and it contains coffee. Sounds good right? If you have never made one these this simple and basic recipe is for you. Quick to whip up for guests or for a cozy fireside treat, sounds sort of Norman Rockwell doesn't it?
Get your ingredients together.
And heat in a saucepan
Top with whipped topping if desired.
How easy was that?
- 2 1/2 cups freshly brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Kahlua or other coffee flavored liquor
- 1/4 cup Vodka (or to your taste)
- Whipped cream for topping (optional) Make your own for a real treat!
- Add the first 4 ingredients (everything except the whipped cream for topping) to a saucepan and heat.
- Pour into coffee cups or mugs and top with whipped cream.
- Don't try to save calories by using something other than heavy cream. I just don't think its as good.
- Use a good quality vodka like Absolute or Sky
- Homemade whipped cream tastes best but you can use a ready made product.