If you follow my blog you know I love a healthy and easy dog treat recipe. Although this one does contain wheat, it is still much healthier than most treats sold in stores. Even the "healthy" brands are usually not that great and they are soooo expensive! These treats contain pumpkin, which my dogs love, and is very good for them. See my post about the benefits of pumpkin here. These treats are rather soft, perfect for my older dogs.
I found this recipe on vetdepot.com, and it is made with just three ingredients. And the clean up will consist of a measuring cup, one bowl, and cookie cutters (optional). You'll also need some parchment paper unless you want to grease and wash baking sheets.
So lets get to it!
Line baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the peanut butter and pumpkin puree.
Add the flour and mix until the dough isn't sticky. Don't be afraid to use your hands.
Roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper with a rolling pin
Cut with cookie cutters or just cut into squares.
Bake 7 - 10 minutes and let cool completely.
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 3/4 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking pans with parchment paper.
- Mix pumpkin puree and peanut butter
- Add whole wheat flour and mix well
- Roll out dough between two pieces of parchment flour
- Either cut with cookie cutters or cut into squares
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes
- Let cool completely
- Store in airtight container
BTW, my dogs love these!
I welcome your comments. ♥