Pumpkin, Honey, and Spice Spreadable Butter

I had just made some Spreadable Butter, the last tub went really fast for some reason, and had thought about making some honey butter too. Then I had a spark of pure genius! There in the refrigerator was some pumpkin puree. I had used part of a can for for some Pumpkin Lattes and there was the rest of it begging to be used in...what else...whipped butter!



The recipe was actually perfect the first time and I had a hard time not licking it off the beaters like it was frosting.  I just mixed organic raw honey (you have to start with great tasting honey), pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice with a stick of real butter.


Did I mention that my husband loves bread? He is going to LOVE this smeared on a piece of fresh baked bread, or morning toast, or even a biscuit.


First you want to take a stick of real butter out of the refrigerator, unwrap it, and let it soften at room temperature. Yes, this will take awhile, you can cut it up to hurry the process a bit but resist the urge to melt it in the microwave. The results may not be same.


Once the butter is really soft add pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling), honey, and pumpkin pie spice. Whip until thoroughly blended and fluffyish. Yeah, I guess that's not really a word.



Now you can sneak a taste but try to resist the urge to lick the beaters!

Spoon into a container with good fitting lid and refrigerate.

I bet this would be great on pancakes!

Ingredients:

  • 1 stick real butter
  • 1/2 cup organic raw honey
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie filling

Directions:

  1. Let butter soften at room temperature
  2. Add remaining ingredients and beat till well mixed
  3. Spoon into container and refrigerate




2 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds delicious! I'm popping over from NaBloPoMo because I saw your post title and had to come by. Mmmmn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Andrea, hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

    ReplyDelete